Saturday, May 25, 2013

New projects

I know 3 baby boys that will be born soon and I got this "under construction" charm pack from the Missouri Star Quilt Company and decided to add some primary colors and make zig zag baby quilt/play mats for each one.

Aren't the fabrics so colorful and artistic!

This is a quilt I've been making for a senior girl who will graduate and come into the women's organization of our church.  It is our tradition to give them a quilt as a welcome gift.  

At first I was going to use white corner stones and charm square size blocks but then changed my mind and used the red and pink cornerstones and bigger 8 inch squares and so put this part into the back of the quilt.  You can see the meandering quilting.  I wanted to do coencentric circles but due to my inexperience and/or my machine, I couldn't get it to work.  Need much more practice.  But the meandering pattern is nice too.

Even a pillow case to  match.

Trimmed it in bright green

No comments:

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...