Thursday, August 29, 2013

How to border it?

When I saw this photo of the border for this quilt, I began to feel unsettled.  I thought if I just quilt it, it will look fine, but my uneasiness about it persisted.  It's just too much blue.



Today I spread out the quilt top and went to get my camera and of course when I got back -- there's that little Anpan (my daughter named her that-- it means red bean paste in Japanese)


So I thought, maybe if I add the 4 patches of the 5 inch squares, leaving some blue....





Or maybe put a row of the 5 inch blocks between 2 strips of blue?  Or maybe I need to get rid of the blue altogether---Decisions, decisions....





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice job!

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...