Thursday, June 26, 2014

Ombre Sewing Studio

I was one of many who jumped at the chance, when Lorna of Sew Fresh Quilts asked for pattern testers back in May.  

A reminder for the link up, spurred me to get it quilted and bound today.

I practiced some free motion quilting and got playful and stitched a green thread coming off the spool and meandering around and through the needle.

Check out Sew Fresh Quilts, for pattern information and to see the other versions of the Sewing Studio!
The pattern was to be sewn vertically, but because my attic sewing room has low ceilings and no long wall on which the vertical hanging would've fit, I sewed it horizontally, which also worked out nicely.

13 comments:

inchworming said...

Ilove your choice of fabric!

Vickie said...

I love the gradation of printed fabrics.....wonderful detail on your quilting too !

Iris said...

I agree with Vicki, love the quilting and the fabrics used. You can be very proud!

Iris said...

I agree with Vicki, love the quilting and the fabrics used. You can be very proud!

Lorna McMahon said...

Wow! You certainly did an incredible job, Sheri! The quilting is the icing on the cake..... And How Sweet It Is! Very nicely done.

Anita in Florida said...

Love your use of color...and the quilting really finishes it all off!

Lin's Quilts said...

I really like the idea of the green thread connecting it all. Great idea.

Anonymous said...

Great job! I love the quilting and extra details. I think I need to go back and hand-stitch a needle to my finish since it is so cute.

allthingzsewn said...

Using some printed fabric help make it stand out from the others and the free hand quilting is great. The threaded needle was a unique idea.

Vicki said...

How beautiful! I love that you added some really bright fabrics and your quilting is divine!

CeLynn said...

Love the meandering thread! Your fabrics are so bright and pretty,very summery.

Mania said...

I am so sad that I have not had your idea about the thread (kidding). Anyway, I loved it!!!

Elaine said...

How absolutely clever! My kind of pattern. I also like the color scheme. great job!

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...