Monday, September 1, 2014

Sew Kitschy July and August blocks

I'm all caught up on these July and August blocks and ready to work on the last block of this sew along with Kristy of Quiet Play.

The utensils block was amazingly pretty easy and quick.  I may redo the pitcher and cups block.  It sure is a process figuring out which fabric combinations work sometimes.

It's been good to learn and practice paper piecing and I like it but sometimes don't because it seems I have to pick out and redo quite a bit.  But it is amazing how you can get an interesting picture with all the angles and make a pretty block!
Check out Kristy's paper pieced blocks-- they're not very expensive and there's even a lot of cute free ones too.
Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday
crazy mom quilts

4 comments:

legato1958 said...

They look fantastic, Sheri! Can't wait for Betty to fill the center. My favorite is the teapot so far...
Susie

Vera said...

This combo is really lovely.

Alison V. said...

These look great! I just finished my September block and I am so sad that the QAL is over!

Emmajane said...

I love these! The colour combination really suits the style of the blocks.

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...