Friday, May 22, 2015

Scrappy Back Pack

I needed a new back pack and wanted to work with some scraps and dived right in to make this new pack.
The new pack is fairly small (like the old one) because our work lockers are very narrow.  (Pack is modeled by Stubs -- we got her at Christmas time.)

The old Back Pack has been very useful (light weight and compact, perfect for biking) -- but it's fraying at the top area where the draw string pulls through.

Here's the back.  But I think I prefer the patchwork, so it could also be the front!

I added pockets inside to accommodate sunglasses, reading glasses, cell phone, and keys.  And there's still enough room for a lunch bag.  I should sew a matching lunch bag!

I ran down to Wal-Mart and got some eyelets, which were pretty easy to apply.  Then went ahead and removed the cording from the old pack and inserted it to complete the back pack!
  
There is just one small problem though.... my commuter bike is green!

Well it's as good a reason as any other to make another one!

And I just remembered I have some fabric with bicycles on it!



Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts.

1 comment:

Lara B. said...

Hi Sheri! It really does look like Stained glass and I thought it was. Perhaps it would fade less quickly if you set it in front of a lamp instead of a a window? It is really beautiful!
I can't pattern test for you, but just wanted to say I loved it. Your bike bag is very clever too!

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...