Thursday, February 25, 2021

Christmas Corner February 2021

Merry Christmas Corner!


I completed one and made progress on one project from the Jumpstart on Christmas Five Day sew along from last fall, which was a fundraiser by Sara Diepersloot of the Modern Quilter to help victims of the fire in the Santa Cruz mountains.

The finished project is a cute table runner with three focal squares in a square in an off set square, which gives it that Modern flair.

Close up you can see some of the quilting.

I love this pattern and will make it again one of these days!


On the second project, I completed all the trees, sewed them all together and added borders

This pattern by Sara is called A Walk in the Forest


Do you like this striped binding or do you think it would be better with the final border fabric as the binding?



Little Santa pillow with a pocket in the back for a gift card.  Tutorial here.


Mini Nordic Quilt:  Tutorial by the Crafty Quilter

This is such a great mini quilt and is both Christmas-y, lovely for Valentine's Day and even a lovely addition to my house to go with my red décor!  My original post from 2014 is here with lots of pictures and some by others who made this project.


2 comments:

karenbbsnow said...

Beautiful, all of them. Love the trees so much ... and a big YES to the striped binding!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Great projects and great finishes!! i really like that table runner - the colors are so pretty!!!

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...