Sunday, May 9, 2021

God Bless America

With Memorial Day approaching, it's time to take out the red, white, and blue décor!
I always love to take out some little quilted toppers and things to enjoy again!

  And I found a few partially made items that I was able to complete, which is always cause for celebration, right?

I found this little blue and white patchwork with red border and added some borders and binding to create a tiny topper.



For a little table by my front door.  Only 11 x 14"
   


I made this panel with three blocks and sashing back in 2011.  And even wrote the words and the stars with free motion quilting.

I added some borders and star corners and it has only taken 10 years to complete!  The border fabric has the words God Bless America, land that I love



Here's a simple 3 1/2" star tutorial



To make the 3" (finished) stars in the corners
My no waste method:
Cut (2) two inch squares of geese (the white) fabric and cut once diagonally. Or can cut one 2 7/8” square, twice diagonally 
Cut (4) 1 3/4" sky (blue) squares and also cut once diagonally. Or can cut two 2 5/8” squares and cut diagonally twice 
Cut (1) two inch square for the center
**You will also need (4) 1 1/4" squares (but cut them 1 3/8" and then trim after sewing on)




And since I finished two old projects, isn't it fair that I started a new project????
Takes a long time to position sew and reposition the triangles because you forget where they were supposed to go so still working on it.  Looking forward to seeing this quilt laying on the back of my couch




1 comment:

Two Chicks and a Mom said...

Nice! You know how I love the red, white, and blue!

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...