Sunday, July 25, 2021

Christmas Corner July 2021




I made these blocks with the Fat Quarter Shop Little Joys Quilt Along back in 2015.  You can follow the link but they no longer have the free tutorials but they do have a PDF pattern you can buy for $5.98.

I made my wreaths different for some reason. Here's a link to my original post which has a link to the free wreath tutorial (also Fat Quarter Shop and still available).

I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them so auditioned some red sashing, but nah.  Although on second thought, that would've been very cute if I'd done that and made the stars green, like packages and bows.  Oh well!  Oh, and I added tree trunks as I prefer them on my Christmas trees.


Then I thought putting a few red stars and sashing might be just the right touch.  Not overwhelming but not so plain either.

The four stars in the center of the nine blocks didn't seem quite enough so I'm adding more along the border but that's more labor intensive because then 12 more are needed AND you have to do another outside border for the final outside star points.  So a lot of work but still will be worth it I hope.


This is a great scrappy Christmas project!



I'm getting quite a few completed Christmas projects.  Two runners, two quilts, two oven pads.  I didn't include a small topper I wasn't happy with, so added the little snow man I made back in 2013 (includes a tutorial)

Not finished yet, but got a good start!


Linking up with Off the Wall FridaySOS Scrappy, and From Bolt to Beauty


1 comment:

Lu said...

I love your lay out. Those sashing stars do the trick! It will be a beautiful quilt to use during Christmas.

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...