Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fall leaf quilt with tesselating leaves!

Finally I've been able to get some stipple or meandering quilting done on my fall leaf quilt that I started last fall, using my Sunshine 16.  The problems:  it seem only the King Tut thread in the bobbin works, but also increased the speed of the machine and am learning  better technique with how I move the machine.  Now I'm not really getting many loops on the back but I'm still getting some missed stitiches where there'll be a 1/2 -1 inch line of thread in spots.  Sometimes the thread breaks frequently but sometimes I can go for 10-15 minutes without it breaking.

This fall leaf quilt is made with tesselating leaves pattern.  I wanted a scrappy look using fall colors.


I really love the oranges, purples, browns and I threw in turquoise blue and some other colors for variety.  I pieced together the back out of left over fabrics.  I can't wait to finish it and put it on my bed!

No comments:

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...