Thursday, July 25, 2013

Summer Star (12 1/2 inch star block tutorial)





Today I visited this site called Ladylike Designs and was inspired to sew bright star blocks surrounded by colorful 4 patches

I'll show you how I sewed my star blocks

1.  The center of the star is a 4 1/2" square block     2.  There are 4  background squares in each corner also 4 1/2 inches   3.  There is a border around each star center which matches the star points (2) 1 3/8" x 4 1/2" and (2) 1 3/8" x 6 1/4"             4.  The star points are 3 3/4" squares cut once diagonally.  5.  There are also setting triangles (these are 3 3/4" square, cut once diagonally)  (see next photo)


Showing how I assembled the pieces


These turn out to be 12 1/2 inch square blocks (unfinished).  I like how colorful and bright they are.  Good for summer!

2 comments:

Linda said...

This quilt is going to be so beautiful.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Ivory Spring said...

Hello Sheri,

Thanks for visiting me, and leaving the kind comment on my Christmas Cheer table runner.

I had fun looking at all your scrappy squares. Thanks also for the tutorial.

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...