Friday, October 24, 2014

Mini Quilt

I've seen some other blogging quilters showing their mini quilts and wanted to make some too.  
This mini quilt is 14" square, made with half square triangles and bordered in white and dark blue print.  
I embroidered a little vine with some pink flowers on each side.
 I wanted to hand quilt it and started the process but it wasn't going too well.  I watched some hand quilting videos and determined that I need a special thimble by the thimble lady and probably special thread and needles too.  Being too impatient to wait, I went ahead and machine quilted it.
I'm planning for my next mini quilt to have a red border.

   Thanks for stopping by!
I'm linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts
crazy mom quilts

2 comments:

Kate said...

Oh my, what a pretty mini quilt!!

legato1958 said...

This is a gorgeous mini quilt! I love the colors!!
Susie

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...