Monday, February 16, 2015

February Free Motion Quilting Challenge

I finished up my pillow for the FMQ challenge from Quilt Shop Gal with a red polka dot binding.  The tutorial is by The Crafty Quilter.
Leah Day is February's expert.  Here is a link to her wonderful blog.
For Quilt Shop Gal's Feb. FMQ challenge, I chose option 1, which was to use Leah Day's double stipple design somewhere in our pillow.  I stitched the double stipple in the grass, the blue background, and also on the house.
I then proceeded to apply some feathers to the heart, some cross hatching on the roof, and a plain stipple in the outside borders.  You can see how it was easy to cross hatch stitch along the rows, boxing in 9 polka dots to create the even cross hatching pattern.

And even the words are FMQ'ed.  I have FMQ words into a quilting design before but they weren't so visible.


This pillow cover can also be a wall hanging.



I added the 4 inch folded in half triangles to each corner before binding so a dowel could be inserted for hanging.

Linking up with Quilt Shop Gal and Crazy Mom Quilts

9 comments:

Kay said...

So pretty. x

legato1958 said...

I just love this!! It is so sweet and your quilting is just perfect for it!!
Susie

Ray and Jeanne said...

Very cute! And I love the way it can be a pillow or a wallhanging. ~Jeanne

Karin said...

Beautiful little pillow

Bente-I like to QuiltBlog said...

-very, very cute!!

Can't Stop Stitchin said...

Your quilted house looks so nice! I love how you did both ideas on the back, as it can be either a pillow or a wall hanging. So very clever!
mary

Cut&Alter said...

This is beautiful. The FMQ words are awesome!

lcscottage said...

Really cute! I may just have to make a little house pillow/wall hanging for my home!

Blogger said...

There is SHOCKING news in the sports betting industry.

It has been said that any bettor must watch this,

Watch this or stop placing bets on sports...

Sports Cash System - Sports Betting Robot