Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Scrappy Purple and green table topper in Progress


I found 10 scrappy UFO blocks and the purples and greens made me enthusiastic to figure out what to do with them so....

I sewed a 9 patch then...
I cut a square of purple about an inch bigger than the 9 patch and cut that square diagonally twice to make the corner square triangles.



Now I'm wondering if I should add some borders and make it larger

This green and maybe another purply?
If you want to make some of these blocks, here are some cutting instructions.
The small square is 3 1/4", the borders are 1 7/8" (once sewn together you get a 6" square).
The bordering triangles are made from a 7 3/8" square and then cut diagonally twice (Cut one square for each block).  Randomly border each side with a contrasting triangle (the resulting block is 8 1/4"). 


Linking up with Freemotion by the River, Crazy Mom Quilts, and Busy Hands Quilts

5 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Very cute! I love it! ~smile~
Roseanne

PaintedThread said...

Purple and green is such a lovely combination.

grammajudyb said...

Looking forward to what you decide for borders.....green and purple is my most favorite combination. Love the little hour glass units formed when joining the blocks into a nine patch.

FlashinScissors said...

My favourite colour ..... purple!

Great idea, Sheri! I don't have any spare blocks, but I can see myself making some!!

Look forward to seeing your borders!

Barbara x

FlashinScissors said...

Oops, I meant to say "Thank you for the measurements, I'm making notes ..... not sure when I'll be stitching though!"

Thanks again,
Barbara x

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...