Sunday, June 25, 2017

Independence Day Mini

Celebrating a holiday is just a little nicer when you can sew something and put out some handmade creations!  I have quite a few patriotic UFOs but still chose to start something new!  I just gotta do it!
I often make two thinking it isn't much more trouble to make another at the same time.  And it isn't, but definitely I'd probably have less UFOs if I only made one thing at a time.

I just have to finish appliqueing 3 more stars and then I should be able to finish them both up before the 4th!  I can hardly wait to put it on the little quilt stand!

This is my version of a connecting threads pattern and they also have a quilt kit.
12in Treasures - Flag Kit
click the link above for the pattern and/or the kit
And here's a little sneak peak at a gift I'm making with charm squares

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts and Busy Hands Quilts

4 comments:

KaHolly said...

Very cute! I need to get one of those stands for my daughter! Then I could just make her different blocks to change out for holidays and seasons. What fun would that be!?

legato1958 said...

Super cute! Your fabrics are perfect for the stars!
I had to laugh at your UFO observation, from making two of everything!
Susie

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Love your minis! I tend to make two or more at a time too. It just makes sense. Plus, eventually you'll have enough blocks to make a quilt or two right?

Heidi said...

Love these!

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...