|Baby quilt made for my friends new granddaughter. It's hard to see but the center squares are sweet pictures.|
|Just finished quilting|
Cutting instructions for each block
For the center star block Cut:
(1) 5" square for the center
(1) 5 3/4" square for the background of the flying geese
(4) 3 1/4" squares for the geese
(4) 2 3/4" squares for background corners
For the inner set of corner square triangles Cut:
(1) 10 1/2" square and cut diagonally twice
For the outer set of corner square triangles Cut:
(1) 14 1/4" square and cut diagonally twice
Diary of a Quilter here shows the no waste method for flying geese and also making the Saw Tooth Star. Square up block to be 9 1/2"
2. Sew the inner Corner Square triangles to each side of the star block. Square up to 13 1/4"
3. Sew the outer Corner Square triangles on each side and square up the block to be 18 1/2"