Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Maggie's Quilt

Our wonderful manager, Maggie, is retiring soon.  Of course since our tradition is to give a quilt to the retiree, I had to come up with a plan.  The quilt design was to symbolize our love for her!  We had a nice dinner, a skit, and some dance numbers, all put on by my wonderful talented coworkers!

One of my coworkers is a professional photographer, hence the photos (and videos).  And one is an artistic cookie baker and she made "quilted" cookies to go with the theme!  It was a memorable night!
Here are a few photos of the quilting and quilt under construction.

I made a tutorial for the heart and chain blocks here, in case you want to make one like this.















4 comments:

QuiltShopGal said...

What a very special gift. Beautiful quilt and spectacular quilting. I'm sure she will treasure it always.

Jenny said...

It's certainly a quilt full of love, and such amazing quilting!!!!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Oh my goodness this quilt is a treasure!!! Where do you work? Congratulations on Maggie's retirement. I really adore all of the pictures you shared. What a heartwarming gathering

Andree G. Faubert said...

What a great gift and a lovely quilt. You work with some very talented people! If you're interested, please consider liking up to Free Motion Mavericks. We'd love to have you join the fun!

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...