Friday, January 30, 2015

January Quilt Alongs

With only a couple days left to finish up my January blocks for my quilt alongs, I've been busy.

Zoo Animals Quilt Along from Kristie at Quiet Play
Drop by Kristie's blog to get this pattern free through the end of January.

Flamingo Block made with Batiks
The Not So Last Minute Quilt Along, re-hosted by Cathy at A Quilting Chick features:  Trees for January.
Did you have one of those white or metallic trees back in the 60's (or was it the 70's)?  Someone recently told me that they rapidly lost popularity when the Charlie Brown Christmas special cherished Charlie Brown's sweet little tree.
 This block is reminiscent and nostalgic of a magical time (childhood at Christmas).
My mom bought a lovely white tree and decorated it with pink and gold glass ball ornaments.  Oh my it was beautiful!
Here's my second Modern Tradition Charm Square Quilt Along block:


Snapshots Quilt Along
 A great opportunity to receive a darling pattern and support St. Jude's Children's Hospital with a $5 (or more) donation. Still need to work on this one.

Quilt Shop Gal (formerly SewCal Gal) 2015 Free Motion Quilting Challenge  After seeing some of the work the quilters are linking up, I decided to take this challenge.  
This is a great idea because if it turns out well, you've not only practiced and hopefully improved your skills, but you'll also have something wonderful to keep or give away.  Here I've used a frixion pen to draw on a design that after quilting, can be "erased" by ironing it.
Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts. Quiet Play, Modern Tradition Quilts, and A Quilting Chick

7 comments:

Jean Belle said...

You certainly have been a busy quilter this month. Lovely blocks!

Vireya said...

Your flamingo is fantastic! And I love your Christmas Trees.

Cathy said...

I love your quilt alongs! You seem to keep yourself as busy as I do. Great blocks!

Cathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
legato1958 said...

I love your blocks! I am smiling at your Flamingo block... it is totally cute!
Wow for starting the FM quilting challenge !
Susie

Lucy said...

Your trees are so cute.... I love the metallics www.crazyforpurple.com

Unknown said...

Hi there,
I cannot believe that we are both doing two of the same quilt alongs!
I started the flamingo at the start of January...the penguin's ready..now eagerly awaiting the next animall...in the meantime..I have been on half term holiday...and have bought and sewn...almost finished Quiet Play's Aussie animal one...with an extra 'lost' penguin on the back...as my daughter loved him so much!
Hope you are well. How's the Josephine quilt block completion coming along?...I am hanging on in there...I have got much better at getting the points accurately meeting..so it has helped...and then I discovered the inflight block quilt along by thetartankiwi!... I am enjoying it!....I might revert back to some more traditional blocks when all of this is over!
Best wishes
Wendy

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...