Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Tucker's Diamonds Baby Quilt

I made a quilt for my niece, Tessa's new baby.

I found some cute novelty fabrics at JoAnn's and added some I had for brightness and variety.

I cut 4 inch strips the width of the fabric and sewed them together.  Then laid the ruler with the 60 degree line along the edge and cut 4" strips at an angle.

Then I sewed the strips together as shown, which created a diamond pattern.  I cut some diamond shapes slightly bigger, sliced in half vertically for the side edges and horizontally for the bottom and top edges, sewed to the last diamond of the row, which created the edges of the quilt.

All sewn together.  It's busy but I hope the baby will enjoy the pictures and bright colors.


The Quilt top all ironed and folded and ready to quilt, laying on top of the flannel backing, which you can see matches a couple of the prints.  I prewashed and dried the flannel.

Quilted with a loopy swirl and bound with black & white diagonal stripe.  Label applied before quilting (similar to the one for Malcolm's quilt, see details here).  Finishes at 43 x 45".

Quilt in the garden on a lovely spring day in February.  It's supposed to rain tomorrow, which we still need, as the drought has not been called off yet!

Thanks for stopping by!  Sheri

Linking up with Sew Cute Tuesday and Crazy Mom Quilts.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great quilt, thanks for sharing. Stopping from Sew Cut Tuesday. Barbora

Alison V. said...

This is adorable! :)

legato1958 said...

It's beautiful! So bright and happy!! I really like your touches of black and the black and white binding!
Susie

Ali said...

A very sweet quilt! love your loopy quilting xx

Jenny said...

What a lovely little quilt! So much easier to strip piece the diamonds instead of sewing them individually - I wouldn't have thought of that. Thanks for sharing.

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...