Thursday, April 28, 2016

Retirement Quilts

Update:  It's been over two years since this post and now my manager, Maggie is retiring, so I thought I'd put a link to her retirement quilt here.



My manager, Maggie, began a tradition to give a quilt to everyone who retires and when I learned to quilt I volunteered to be her helper.
Maggie (and her daughter) pieced together this beautiful log cabin quilt.  It took my breath away as I did the machine quilting.  It is so pretty that I took out pinks on hand and will probably not be able to resist beginning yet another project and I'm okay with that!
HERE IS A LINK TO A TUTORIAL FOR THIS QUILT BLOCK, SOME OF YOU REQUESTED


Since we have three coworkers retiring this year, I took on a whole quilt by myself.  I began this Scrappy Cats Quilt (for a cat lover of course) back in January and hope to complete it soon as the retirement party is coming up.
Got all 12 noses ironed on (still need to machine applique), some eyes sewn on, and one cat with whiskers embroidered on so far. 
     

2 comments:

Cindy Eikenberg, Little Miss Celebration said...

Sheri, thanks to you and the ladies for hosting. Have a happy Friday and a wonderful weekend!

Ann Bailey said...

What is the name of the fabric used in the log cabin quilt? It is so pretty!

libbylottie@yahoo.com

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...