Thursday, May 19, 2016

Free Quilt Pattern: Daybreak

Even though I have never been interested in making a drunkard's path quilt block, this week I couldn't resist when I saw Sherri McConnel's new Daybreak Quilt Pattern.
 I pulled out fabrics on hand in similar colors, downloaded the free pattern here, and began sewing.  The greatest thing is that each quilt block has only 1, did you get that -- ONE seam!  Yes it's a curved seam but I just cut my pieces 1/4" bigger than the template and it was easy to square it up to 9 1/2"so the quilt goes together quickly too. 
There is even a video that can help you, although I admit I just dived in without watching the video.
 I love the combo of the lovely pattern design and Sherri and Chelsea's new fabric line colors but since I have 100's of yards of fabric already....

 I have the quilt top loaded onto my Sunshine 16.

 I'm even getting brave and freehanding feathers.

2 comments:

Mary Marcotte said...

Girl, you have so much going on! How do you manage to get any quilting done? Especially that gorgeous drunkard's path quilt! I do have to try to get back here to see the finished project. Your freehand feathers are looking great!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

I love all of your projects.
I am ready to make that drunkards path quilt using some layer cakes!! Happy Week-end Sheri

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...