Thursday, March 16, 2017

Eagle Medallion Finish

 I was able to present a finished quilt to honor my coworker at her retirement party.
I probably shouldn't say so, but I love how it turned out.
 The idea for the quilt design began because she and her family are patriots.  Her husband served in the Navy and her son is currently serving in the Navy in some kind of special operations.  
The eagle is special because a few years ago, as she was hiking up Mission Peak in Fremont, she snapped a photo of an eagle and to this day has that as her cover photo on her phone.  (The quilt should be displayed with the feet of the eagle down)

Some other photos of the quilt in process.  My design process occurred as I sewed.  I imagined making a circular design with the gold flying geese and gold stars but I was under the gun to finish and was very pleased with the square design too.








4 comments:

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Sheri, first off, I know your pain. 2 1/2 years is so short and not fair. Riley looks like the sweetest girl ever, and she has "frootbat ears" just like my kitty boy Pierro. He was my sweet cornish rex kitty boy, and he died last November. I am STILL missing him. I still cry.
I am learning though. I tell myself "I am not alone. Others are suffering from heart ache or worse" You should not do that yet.
Sheri, your projects are wonderful.
I wanted to make crib bumpers too, and got nixed! :-D You could make this thing, ... my daughter bought it, but you could look online. basically it is a cover for the top of the rail. They sell some pads to secure on so when they are chewing on their crib, they do not eat their crib rail haha. My kids never did that.
My grand daughter did. ew
The Eagle quilt is just epic- breathtaking. and well deserved. I love people that serve for our country and the families that support them

KaHolly said...

So sorry about your dog. Losing a beloved pet is so difficult. Really like your little granny squares! They'll be perfect. Yes, that quilt is awesome! Well done! XO

Jenny said...

So sad to read about the loss of your dog - you will certainly miss her love and pretty face.

Cute little grand baby - just think of all the sewing projects you will get to do!

Jean said...

So many things going on in your life. Congratulations on the new little guy.... so cute and sweet. The eagle quilt is beautiful! I can imagine that it will be thoroughly enjoyed.
And so so sorry for the loss of your sweet pup. They wag their tails into our hearts don't they.
I can just imagine our sweet golden retriever meeting us on the path again someday.

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...