Saturday, August 19, 2017

"Walking the Neighborhood" Mini Quilt

Do you walk with your friends in your neighborhood?
I'm lucky to have a couple friends to walk with in Eagle.  Sometimes we drive down to this hill and walk on some hiking paths and sometimes we stay close to home.
 This morning, as I was finishing up the quilting on this mini to give to a friend, I was thinking what to call it... Home Sweet Home, There's no Place Like Home, Home is Where the Heart is.... and then
 I got a text from her saying, "How about walking the neighborhood?" and it seemed to be the perfect name!

 
 The morning filtered light is sure a contrast, compared to the second picture with the afternoon light.
So this morning we did go walking in the neighborhood and this afternoon I finished up the quilt with gray binding and will take it over to her soon.
Credit: My quilt is a version of Quilt Hollow's mini quilt based off a Carrie Nelson (her blog with wonderful things is LaVieEnRosie) pattern called Tiny Town and I found a tutorial here.  Here is the darling mini by Quilt Hollow with link to go to her blog.
http://www.quilthollow.com/2012/01/year-of-schibbles-and-christmas-through.html
Linking up at Busy Hands Quilts and Freemotion by the River

6 comments:

Gina said...

Its gorgeous and I love the colour scheme you used. Thanks for the link to the pattern. I can see one of these in my near future xxx

KaHolly said...

What an enjoyable post today! I absolutely adore your table topper and love how you changed it up and made it 'your own'. You've chosen the perfect name for it!

Julie @ The Crafty Quilter said...

Such a sweet neighborhood! I love the colors, too.

Kathleen said...

I love how you came about the name for this adorable quilt!

PaintedThread said...

Very cute. I like the teal!

KaHolly said...

Revisiting this post today to take another look at this gorgeous table topper. I need to make a ver special gift and this came to mind. Hey, how are you doing with your new machine? XO

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...