Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Welcome to Christmas Corner, January 2021

Each month on the 25th (oops, had this all ready and forgot to publish it yesterday) I'll show a completed project, a peak, and a bonus.
I started this Scrappy Christmas quilt back in 2014 and worked on it for a couple years and then put it away until this past November when I was determined to finish it.  


The backing is this anti pill fleece from JoAnn Fabrics.  It is bound with a red and white stripe.


I made an effort to complete it in December for a Christmas gift but on Christmas morning I was only this far.  Finally finished a week or so later, so now it is the first gift ready for this Christmas!

You can see the swirls and snowflakes

A few sweet hearts.  I was testing out some hearts and swirls for Cheryl's mom's quilt.  

Some cutting instructions
Each block is made with a nine patch of 3 1/2" (unfinished) squares.  Then make (4) flying geese for the star parts, which are 4 1/2 x 9 1/2" (unfinished).  The unfinished corner squares are 4 1/2".   Stagger the star rows.  (I made mine with less seams, which was a bit daunting and probably why I didn't complete it much sooner.)

PEAK AT FEBRUARY'S PROJECT.
Walk in the Forest from the Jumpstart on Christmas Quilt Along, by Sara Diepersloot of the Modern Quilter


Now for the Bonus and link to the free tutorial.

A Christmas Tree farm made with a tutorial from The Temecula Quilt Company.  Free tutorial here.

    THANKS FOR STOPPING BY CHRISTMAS CORNER!
Note:    If anyone wants to contribute something Christmas-y, they've made or a tutorial, for the next month's Christmas Corner, I'd love to add it to the post too!  Let me know.

5 comments:

Paula said...

I love those sweet hearts! I want one of my quilts quilted with them! Thanks for sharing your work.

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Your Scrappy Christmas quilt has such a variety of colors and fabric it will be lovely not just during the Christmas season. Cute little tree mini/

Bonnie said...

You did a wonderful job on quilting Scrappy Christmas. It really looks great. Love both of the tree projects. Hope you make big progress of Walk in the Forest. (I'm so impressed with the names you've given to your quilts. I just don't get much beyond the purple quilt!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love it - the first gift made of 2021!! Go you - and it is a lovely quilt. that fleece backing will be LOVED!!

sonjalino said...

This iis awesome

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...