Thursday, February 4, 2021

Teaching my Niece to Quilt

She's 26, in love with quilts, and wants to be a quilter!

First project:  A mug rug using this printed fabric that looks like tiny patchwork.  She used the walking foot to quilt along every other row.  So cute, right?

Her little cutie!

Second Project:  Patchwork Bear


Drew a bear shape and sewed some patchwork squares together and quilted with diagonal lines.


I'm so lucky to share my love of quilting with my niece!  What will she want to make next?  She has cut out and sewing together floral squares to make another bear, all on her own, so far!

Linking up with My Quilt Infatuation
                        and Alycia Quilts
 

2 comments:

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

Aw how fun! Both projects! That bear is a great idea--may have to do something like this for my grandkids. And speaking of them, can't wait to teach the granddaughter to sew and quilt someday!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh how fun to spread the love!! Next? Maybe a disappearing Nine patch quilt?

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...