Monday, February 14, 2022

Happy Valentine's Day Wreath

Scrappy Wreath from a tutorial on Happy Quilting

 

I was happy to find a heart shaped wire frame at the dollar store.  I folded lengthwise and finger pressed and then started tying on some 1 1/2 x 6 1/2" strips but later changed the way I tied them on.  

In order to make the wreath fuller, I strung a bit of ribbon and tied as shown and tied on extra strips.



It turned out so pretty, but I wasn't liking that there were frayed edges, so started pinking the edges in spots where I saw fraying and on all subsequent strips I added.  Just beware to open the pinking shears with two hands, to spare your poor thumb joint!  Or if you have a pinked rotary cutter blade, that might work well.

Update:  Looks cute on the front door!


1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

OMG!! That is SEW darling!!! Interesting adaptation with the added ribbon for extra fullness. I wonder if our Dollar Store has any of those in stock? I may have to go check so that I can be ready for next year. :o))

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...