Sunday, January 23, 2022

Time for Red and White Sewing


I took out my Valentine Day decorations and realized I have no quilty runners or toppers or wall hangings.  I checked Pinterest for ideas and then pulled out all my red and white scraps and got busy.

This cute little block is only 8 x 10" and called Box of Chocolates.  It is a free pattern from The Temecula Quilt Company.  I'm going to quilt it tomorrow.


 
This little topper is 3 1/2" squares sewn together and the scallop border is made with 3 1/2 x 2” rectangles with two corners snowballed with 1 3/8” squares


All quilted with hearts and swirls and bound with white


These scrappy hearts are made with 2 1/2” squares and half square triangles


I found a cute X O pillow tutorial from a Quilting Life so have been making some






Update:  Sew cute (and calorie free) Box of Chocolates all done!


3 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Yo are totally ready for Valentines day now! Awesome!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super cuter RED blocks and a sweet finish, too!!

Sharon Kwilter said...

It's a good month for red scraps. Your decorations turned out great.

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...