Sunday, November 25, 2012

Rainbow, primary, and fall colors!

A quilt made for a friends first grandchild.  Richard Scary, Busy town blocks and small machine free motion quilting.

I cut the striped binding on the bias and added colorful pinwheels to the corners.

I finally completed my daughter's rainbow heart quilt on the Sunshine 16.  I added green binding and quilted cinnamon rolls in each border block on my small machine.  I had a lot less trouble using the Sunshine 16, than with my fall leaf quilt.  Someone at my quilt guild said there's a two year learning curve when learning to long arm quilt.  That consoled me because for awhile I almost thought there was no hope!




My niece wants a quilt with these leaf blocks that we saw in a Better Homes and Garden quilting book.  I picked some real fall leaves and threw them down by the blocks to see if I'm getting the colors right.  Looks pretty good so far!


No comments:

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...