Thursday, August 8, 2013

Red and Aqua polka dots, etc. mini friendship tote bag with button closure

This is another little friendship bag only this time I added a latch (is it a latch?) and a button.  Also, I did straight line quilting so you could see that it's just as cute as free motion quilting!   The latch thingy was left over after I made one long handle and then cut off the two 10 inch pieces and there was about 6 inches left and I just folded it and sewed across the  triangle part (just under the cat's chin) and sewed it in along with the handles.   If you didn't see my other friendship bag post, the tutorial is at psiquilt and here is the link:  http://www.psiquilt.com/2009/08/friendship-bag-tutorial.html  (also reminder, I made my handles 3 3/4" wide instead of 2 1/4" as Rachel does in her tutorial.

3 comments:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

I love your fabrics, they make a very cute contrast.

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

The red and aqua combo is so much fun! Really cute bag!!

Thanks for linking up at Needle and Thread Thursday!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

legato1958 said...

This is very cute! Polka dots , with red and blue, make such an adorable combination!

Susie

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...