Thursday, March 6, 2014

Layer Cake Sampler Quilt Along

Since I have quite a few layer cakes, this quilt along appealed to me and I decided to quilt along!  I want to make everyone a quilt (you probably know what I mean?)
  Several of my relatives requested purple when I asked their choice.  I decided that this sampler would look beautiful in a combination of purples and grays.  I've been collecting purples and so started out without a layer cake.

Then I looked through my layer cakes and found this Josephine one by French General and decided to use it and make a second Sampler quilt.  I pulled some pieces from my stash also.  (I really want to start using up a lot of stash fabrics to make room to buy more fabric, which is good therapy!)
This is a weekly quilt along which is fun because it will move quicker.  You can find Amanda's blog with all instructions, called Material Girl Quilts, Fabric and more linked here.http://materialgirlquilts.wordpress.com/tag/layer-cake-sampler-quilt-along/ 

No comments:

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...