Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Christmas Corner November 2015

Welcome to Christmas Corner -- a place to share Christmas Sewing throughout the year on the 25th of each month!

This month I'm working on Snowman mug rugs using this tutorial by Rachel at Not So Plain Jane.


The blocks come out to be 9" square and are quick to sew up.

I made some labels using the freezer paper method (Create the message for your label on the computer word processor.  Format with 3 columns and make 12 (oops, only 9) labels per sheet.  Cut out a piece of freezer paper 8 1/2 x 11" and a piece of cloth the same size.  Iron the cloth to the shiny side of the freezer paper and place into the printer so the printing will be on the cloth.  Press with hot iron to set the ink.)

 
I used the backing/ self binding tutorial by Allison at Cluck, Cluck, Sew here.  It's much quicker than sewing binding on and looks quite nice.  I will use this method a lot more now that I've tried it!  
A bit of swirl quilting prior to sewing down the binding.
Found some fun packaging and accessories at the dollar store!

Packaged up in these cellophane bags with packet of hot cocoa will be a sweet treat, don't you think?
Thanks for stopping by Christmas Corner!

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced and Crazy Mom Quilts.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

This is such a cute design and makes a great mugrug! Now I want to make one for my grandson;)

tisha @ quiltytherapy said...

Your mug rugs are really cute.

Two Chicks and a Mom said...

Very cute and festive! I love how you packaged them, too.

Roseann Hampton said...

These mug rugs are so cute! Thanks for sharing with us at the Happy Holidays Link Party! This will be one of my features next Wednesday!

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...