Sunday, February 24, 2019

Baby Dress

I had professional photos taken of my babies when they were about 7 months old.  My daughter asked me to make a dress like the one she wore.
I couldn't find any lavender baby rosebud fabric so looked through my stash to see what I had and chose the lightest lavender.

I made a pattern.  After cutting out the pieces, I realized the bodice front was too wide.  Should I revise the pattern and cut it out again?  Then I thought of adding pin tucked stitching!
You can see the rosettes and lace trimmed collar details also.




The little puffed sleeves turned out sweet.
I sewed in lining and even added some netting to make it rustle and a little poofy.
I watched a video on button holes made with the machine I have and was able to make button holes easily even though it'd been a long time.  The video was very helpful so I didn't have to look in the manual.

Now to go find out if it fits??
Pretty good!
I can see more baby dress creations in my future!!

2 comments:

Christie said...

How adorable! You are sew creative! HUGS... and stitches

Clipping Path said...

Aw very cute! - love the fairy lights and scruffy

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...