Thursday, August 15, 2019

Evie's Retirement Quilt

Evie's Quilt Challenge Journey
Evie's style is elegant, color preference: red, gold and cream colors, she's fond of Asian design, and she's not into traditional quilting.
I found some elegant fabrics and this Robert Kaufman's Imperial Collection, 24 inch Red Wisteria Mum Flower Garden panel which I purchased from from Hancock's of Paducah.  It's lovely with suttle gold accents

I saw some panels that were cut and sewn back together with borders and opted for that, going for asymmetry.  Now what borders and should I incorporate any actual quilt blocks?
I found this elegant Cleopatra's fan block and wanted to use them in the quilt.  One in each corner?
I preferred 3 but only on two diagonal corners.
With black borders?
Or without black borders?

I printed it out a Cleopatra's fan block pattern from here and cut each piece out and added 1/4" seam allowance.
 I just found a free Cleopatra's fan block quilt here at Robert Kaufman's website.

Test fan blocks in the backing

All Finished!
Quilting details:  Dragonfly in the corner





Evie loves her quilt!

3 comments:

Rebecca Grace said...

Wow, the combination of the Cleopatras Fan blocks with the Asian prints is stunning!!

KaHolly said...

Spectacular!

Barb N said...

That quilt is really pretty! I love your addition of the Cleopatra's fans, your use of complimentary colors, and the quilting just tops it off. She will love that quilt forever!

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...