Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Quilters Meet and Greet

Welcome to my stop on the 2019 Meet & Greet!  I really love being part of the online quilting community and am happy to join with Benita who organized this!
Click the picture above to see all the wonderful quilts and participants!
I've been quilting since October of 2010, but it was NOT my intention to become a quilter (having already too many hobbies, in my opinion) but a friend introduced me to the rotary cutter and the classic maple leaf block made with half square triangles, and I could not resist going out immediately and buying my own rotary cutter and mat and have been an avid quilter ever since!

    I made this quilt for my friend's daughter who loves Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night:
I'm delighted to see the hundreds of scrappy 2 1/2" squares, constructed of a multitude of  blue hues and tones, draw the eye into the swirling pattern of stars and then focus on the large center lone star.

  Click here for original post.
And here are a few more favorites!  I love the challenge of designing something unique and special for each quilt recipient.
I really love how patriotic this quilt is with the center eagle medallion, the gold flying geese, the white stars, and various sizes of flying geese that create the chevrons and star burst effect.   The mitered corners were a bit challenging but worth the effort!

For a patriotic coworker who retired.  Original post here.
This is one of my first quilts and love the rainbow of squares and hearts!  It was made for my daughter.


Another quilt made for a retired friend.  She picked a charm square pack which lent itself to the color and simple patchwork on point and flower vine borders.

This one was gifted to my childhood friend and particularly love it because of the patriotic theme and embroidered phrases on each side.
Evie's Quilt.  This quilt was a collaboration of ideas with Evie and myself and I would have never thought to make this quilt, but I love how it turned out.  I wish you could see it in person as the photo does not do it justice.  The panel and fabrics are elegant with gold metallic accents and the creamy white has a shimmery finish.
I got pretty creative with the quilting on the latest retirement quilt for my manager, Maggie.


Thanks for visiting!
Be sure to enter for the Great Grand Prize!

24 comments:

Jan @Cocoa Quilts said...

Thanks for sharing your quilts with us today. I love the patriotic quilts especially.

Lisa J. said...

You do really beautiful work and I really enjoy the fact that you taylor each quilt to the recipient. I can't respond to your comment left on my blog post but I really appreciate it non the less.

Susan said...

Lovely quilts.

GranChris said...

The hearts are fabulous.Great color and border.

Pam @Threading My Way said...

My eye really is drawn to the stars - a beautiful quilt, Sheri.

elincp said...

Your Van Gogh quilt is amazing! I love the colors and the design. Your quilts are all very lovely. Thank you!

Cathy Macaulay said...

I've never bought a panel, although I've seen many I liked, because I didn't know what to do with one. Your panel quilt is amazing, what an inspiration !

tink's mom said...

Nice to meet you. Your work is stunning. Love your patriotic quilt the most. Absolutely beautiful.

Nana said...

All of the quilts are outstanding but Evie's.....WOW!!!!

Kris said...

oooh fun star quilt! the quilting is cool on it too.

Nann said...

It's nice to meet you and to see your quilts. I love the blue stars -- but, oh, what you did with the panel -- super!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

Oh wow! Your Starry Night is simply stunning!!!!!! Thanks for sharing with us all.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for joining in the Quilter's Meet and Greet! It was SEW nice to see the array of styles you've made. Off to see more...

Joni said...

So nice to meet you thru Benita's Meet and Greet. You have lovely quilts and I am now following you. Will be back to explore your blog soon!

Debbie said...

I can understand why the maple leaf drew you in! ;-)

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful quilts, I particularly love the blue and white one

ThreadCatcher said...

Your rainbow heart quilt is perfect for my cousin. Thanks for sharing how you made it!

Jollygirl said...

Wow! Beautiful quilts. Thanks for sharing.

OhioLori said...

Gorgeous quilts! Thank you for sharing :)

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Nice to meet you! Pretty quilts

Jayne said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful quilts

Nancy J said...

Starry night, this would be super with moonlight on it.Love the gifted quilts, they are always filled with love.

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Wow, you have some beautiful quilts. I like the designing part myself as well. Who am I kidding I like just about every aspect of quilt making! It has been wonderful to meet you and see your quilts too!

Jayne Honnold said...

Sheri, hi! I am from the Meet and Greet Jayne of Jayne's Quilting Room. Your Starry Night quilt is to die for! Stunning! And you have quilted for such a short time to do such an advanced quilt! Very impressive! I have so enjoyed meeting you and all the others in the M&G - I will be following!

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...