Saturday, July 3, 2021

Stars and Stripes and Triangles

 Happy Independence Day!!!

A couple finishes for today.  Actually, the pillow is a rework.


I made this pillow back in 2017 but have been dissatisfied with it because it looked too tall.  Here is the original post with the links to the tutorial and I love hers but I think I added extra stripes or something??


  
Recently, I saw a pillow with the stars in the center and a light bulb went on.  So took the pillow apart, cut the stripes in half and sewed the cut half to the other side.

Now the pillow is a different size and my friend was recently telling me she was looking for an odd shaped pillow and couldn't find one, so I suggested she make her own.  So I snapped a few pictures to send her and am including them in case they might be helpful for someone.
Cut out some muslin (or any fabric) the same size as the pillow cover.

Stitch around the edge leaving a place for turning.

Turn right sides out and add scraps and/or poly-fil until nice and full and then stitch the opening closed by hand or by machine





Lastly, here is a duck I saw a few weeks ago when it was much smaller, that was following this white turkey around and when I walked by the little farm this morning, sure enough that duck is still following it's "Mama" wherever she goes!  I can't tell if the turkey minds being a mother duck.


5 comments:

Elizabeth V Kelbaugh said...

Love the remake of the pillow and great quilt. Happy 4th. Thanks for sharing the info.

KatieQ said...

Your triangle quilt is wonderful. The points look sharp and crisp, mine tend to move a little to the right or left. The remake of the pillow was a great idea. I like the way the stars look in the middle of the stripes. Thanks for sharing your method of making a pillow insert.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

the quilt and the pillow are adorable.
The duck likes the turkey. They are best friends by now, well I hope.
The turkey probably doesn't mind🥰🥰🌟

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

These are all so great!! and perfect for making your house festive!!!

mich said...

That duck and its turkey mum are too cute!

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...