Friday, July 9, 2021

Poppies, Design Wall, and Sewing Get Together

 Happy Friday and Weekend almost here!

Last week a neighbor invited me over and we had a lot of fun talking and sewing.  We decided to take turns hosting.  What great motivation to clean and tidy and organize all week!  Here's a short tour


Little shelf that was my daughter's long ago, at the top of the stairs, flanked by quilts.  Plan is to make more quilts for the stair well and lots of wall space left.

A Patriotic corner
Some Halloween things on the bottom two shelves of this curio cabinet




Even the top of the cabinets is tidied up



I met a new friend, Sara, who was working on a murder mystery quilt block that comes with a new pattern and chapter of the story each month until the end of the year when there is a raffle, the mystery quilt is revealed, and the murder is solved.  My friend, Trish was working on some cute sampler blocks, and I worked on my 3D poppy border.  I didn't invade their privacy by asking to take photos of their work, but maybe will get the courage to ask later.

As I was refolding and organizing stacks of fabric and projects, I found this half square triangle quilt top, I made a few years ago and put it up on the design wall as it's a pretty back drop and hope to get it quilted soon!


Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Thank you for this awesome tour!!! Your place looks amazing - and so full of quilty goodness! The half square one hanging on the wall is really cool!

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...