Friday, March 4, 2022

St. Patty's Day Pinwheels and More

Hurray, it's time to sew with green fabrics!  Have you seen Leap Year? (such a great romantic movie!  Set in Ireland, so fits with March, as well as February.)


I took out some old projects, unfinished ones and tied some green ribbon on my carousel horse made by my friend, Donna long ago.  

I found this wire shamrock at the $1.25 store.  Here's my Heart wreath post with link to the tutorial.

 I doodled some ideas for new projects.  Here's a tutorial for the mini, Celtic Knot wall hanging

I recently made this scrappy St. Patty's Day Pinwheel pillow cover, using this mini quilt tutorial here.

The Shamrock table topper was made using this tutorial


I added some free motion quilting to this pillow cover, I made years ago.  See the free, paper pieced, shamrock, template.  I improvised and left a petal off on two of the shamrocks.

This little shamrock was also made using the template mentioned above, a long time ago.  I added a border and love to see it hanging on the tiny quilt stand


Recently, I added free motion quilting and binding to the mini shamrock.  I used the wonder clips to hand sew the binding down which I don't usually do and wondered how people can actually hand sew down binding on a large quilt!  My friends say it is relaxing and they enjoy it, but it takes practice.


I started making more of these double Irish chain blocks.  I have a layout of how to make the blocks in this post.







Linking up with Alycia Quilts

Here's a link to a post with lots more St. Patrick's Day projects and I'll be back soon with more.


2 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Those are PERFECT St Patricks day projects!!!!
I keep thinking I want to make a shamrock quilt.... you may have inspired me

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looks like you've got your Irish on, Sheri!! Any UFO Club finishes this quarter? Sign-ups are starting for the Spring session.

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...