Sunday, March 21, 2021

Wonderful Spring and Easter

Time to Pack up St. Patrick's Day projects and Decor
I have a bin ready to load things up.  You can see my painting in the background which I will keep out to work on.

My Double Irish Chain Quilt is coming along.



Each square is a 25 patch of two inch squares so comes out to 8" unfinished blocks.
The white blocks have light green squares at each corner and the green blocks have a 9 patch and then a border of a white square with light green squares on each side and then the outside corners are dark green.



I'm going to add more bright greens and make the white squares with less tan colors.


I've been making a little progress on the Clover quilt but may pack it up until next year.  Time to sew for Easter and spring.

 

I started this long ago but my quilting wasn't so good and my plan is to pick out the existing quilting and I damaged at least one of the cream color squares with picking out, so need to replace and then add a big border and finish it for an Easter table topper.

Pretty Rainbow from April 5, 2020


Two tiny baby hummingbirds in our yard a couple weeks ago.  You can see the eye and beak of one and the sibling is right next to it but not as easy to see. The eggs were the size of mini jelly beans

Linking with Quilting is More Fun that Housework   Wendy's Peacock Party From Bolt to Beauty, So Scrappy and Confessions of a Fabric Addict   I keep finding more link parties so might as well join!  Next is Live Laugh Quilt

4 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Your green blocks are so lovely! Thanks for sharing with oh Scrap!

Linda said...

Love your Irish chain blocks and the Clover ones are super ( haven’t seen this block design before). Pretty Green ornaments display too.

Bonnie said...

Are you sure you don't want to finish the Clovers? You could use them between (leaders/enders) the bright spring colors. How cool to have baby hummingbirds around. I'm looking forward to seeing some come in the next month or two. Enjoy a quilty week.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Beautiful projects, Sheri. All of them are treasures. I love the irish chain quilt.
Happy Spring

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...