Monday, February 19, 2024

L O V E Pillow

When I was making the X O X O small topper, it occurred to me that the O could be part of a very Valentine-y word and I should make some L O V E letters and do something with them.  I had a long pillow sitting here with no cover so....

I made a pillow cover for the pillow I'd made for the Scrappy Cats for Fall pillow cover I made last halloween


I started out making the letters.
The width of the pieces are 1 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches (finished) so 2 x 6" unfinished.
  The left side of the V is longer, 6 1/2" unfiinished. 

The top and bottom horizontal red pieces of the E are 3 x 1 3/4" and the white are 1 1/2 x 3" (unfinished)  and the center horizontal piece of the E is  1 1/2 x 2" unfinished.

  If I do it over again, I'll add a small spacer piece between the L and the O, probably 3/4 or 1" x 6"

The white rectangle for the L is 3 1/4 x 4 1/4" and the horizontal bottom of the L is 2 x 3"

I prefer this shape of a V so cut the angles as shown and I like how it turned out.  I made a template to keep for future use.


I had bought these perfect buttons at a quilt show a while back and wanted them to show, so made the opening of the cover on the front.  The bottom peachy border is 2 x 24 1/2" and finishes to be 1 1/2" wide and the same length.  Also the top peachy piece for the button holes finishes the same size but it's 3 1/2 x 24 1/2" so I could fold it in half and I added some interfacing inside.  The bottom red boarder is 2 1/2 x 24 1/2 and the top red piece is 5 1/2 x 24 1/2 and has a one inch hem, before I added the buttons.

I don't usually quilt the back of my pillow covers, but I wanted to try this free pantograph from My Creative Stitches, called Elizabeth.  She has lots of beautiful designs and lots of sales.

For the front, I used This is a free pantograph from Urban Elementz.  Rose

I didn't add any quilting to the area where the buttons are but I think I should have.


Some Art for the white boards

white board

more white board art


1 comment:

Warm Quilts said...

What a beautiful and creative pillow with great photos to go along with the description. Well done!

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...