Thursday, February 8, 2024

Winter Mix and SnowMan Quilt

I started this Snow man Quilt many years ago and finally finished it up in January.  Maybe I can get this post published before the blazing sun warms us up for summer, lol.  

 

It was so frozen out that day that even the weeds took on a delightful shimmering sparkle!  Not quite as enchanting through the screen though.

Snowmen and 4 patch blocks   I found this many blocks but luckily had some of the light blue snowflake fabric and just a little of the dark blue snowflake fabric left to make the remaining blocks.  I laid on some buttons and noses to see how cute they'd be

I made the rest of the blocks but not quite enough of the dark blue for the final corner blocks so innovated with the two corner star blocks which turned out to be a special touch 


I was up hiking my favorite route when I saw these two.  The big guy was over 7 feet tall and his baby had fallen against him but still so cute!


Quilted with giant snowflakes




Getting ready to sew on eyes

I put this snowflake fleece on the back with batting inside too, so it's extra cozy!  I have some notes jotted down somewhere with the dimensions for the blocks so will update the post when I come across them.


Winter painting 

I'll work on this more next year

I put some winter art on the White board at work for the patients to enjoy in the recovery room. 


I made this winter topper a few years ago and finally put the binding on in January too!  My friend, Donna, sent me the darling tray and winter decorations!  It was rewarding and less depressing to have something pretty to put out after the Christmas decorations were all taken down.

1 comment:

Astrid said...

Darling snowmen quilt! Love it, and the table topper too! Blue and white/cream never fails. Pretty paintings too. You are so talented. The snowman and the snowman baby are the cutest! Happy quilting!

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...