Friday, July 26, 2024

Big Scrappy Shamrock Topper

Finally publishing this post after many months.



Some brief instructions to make it.

These shamrocks are made with the method same as the heart topper in this post. Each half petal is 12 1/2 X 6 1/2”. And the corners are 6 1/2” squares 

Each 1/2 heart section is the same as the heart  sections for the topper in this post where you can find the instructions. 

I'm including some photos of how I sewed it together and used Y seams, but because I'd uploaded them back in February, there are only some brief explanations and I can't add anything else since it's been a draft all this time and I can't remember much now
Sew up until 1/4" as shown.
Stop sewing 1/4" from the edge where you see the arrow

Press open to the dark


Pin the 6 1/2” square with a dot 1/4” at the corner 

Pull the dark green back so you don’t catch it into the stitching 

Open
Fold down

Stitch to the dot.  Press open.

No comments:

Quilting for a Good Cause

I helped out to quilt some pretty quilt tops that people have made to donate to good causes.      Quilted with a looping heart design.    Th...