Friday, July 26, 2024

Catching up on Publishing this Post with a Few More 4th of July Projects

 

I had my husband cut 6", 9", and 12" pieces of 2 x 4's and painted and decorated them.

I found some rocks while out hiking and painted them to give to my dear friend for her birthday along with a few other things.

I'd made the large center piece a long time ago and decided to make it into a topper by adding some 3 1/2" unfinished blocks in the trip around the world style.

I added some Patriotic words to each corner.

I constructed these 4 triangle sections to add to the existing center piece.

A little Chalkboard aret

Borders added

All Quilted with stars and swirls
I love our country and our freedom!



Made this topper using the pattern from Primrose Cottage.  I wanted it a little longer so designed my own little rocket blocks for each end.


Will update with cutting directions if I come across them.





No comments:

Back to working on this Rainbow Nine Patch UFO

I started this project back in 2015 when I saw that my friend, Nancy, who taught me to quilt, had made one.  Hers were made with 1 1/2"...