Thursday, September 26, 2024

Another Fabulous Fall

In October 2010, I took a quilting class and we made maple leaf blocks using the triangle papers you sew on, and after that I was hooked on quilting!!  Thank you Nancy!!!
All crinkly autumn goodness!  It's not easy to tell here, but it is bound with a soft red polka bot binding
I made a label with permanent marker and then outlined with free motion quilting



This went together much quicker than my usual project.  I made 9 1/2" maple leaf blocks and alternated with low volume squares and completed the project in a little over a month.


My quilts are not usually big enough for a queen size bed but I made sure to make it big enough this time
This time with the 9" finished size squares, 9 squares across and 10 squares down, it came out to be 81 x 90" before quilting

I quilted it with big swirls and after quilting, washing and drying it is about 78 x 88"



My inspiration came from Helene Phillips, click her name for link to her Etsy shop and it's on page 2.  Here is a link to her lovely blog.  I adore her designs.  My plan was to make mine with no oranges since hers didn't have any (she has pink reds and coral reds) but for some reason as I was making my blocks and laying them out, they seemed to want some orang-y siblings, lol, so I complied.  I think I still adore hers more!  Hers is Hand quilted, which is pretty hard to beat.

Here's a picture before I added the oranges.  I see now it's probably because I added the yellows that the look changed.







No comments:

Quilting for a Good Cause

I helped out to quilt some pretty quilt tops that people have made to donate to good causes.      Quilted with a looping heart design.    Th...