Saturday, January 3, 2015

A Scrappy, Happy New Year

Upon tidying up the sewing room with ideas of pink cat blocks and an island girl quilt design dancing in my head, a large stack of scrappy 3 1/2" squares presented itself.
A flock of scrappy 9 patches with a white square in the center for continuity is what developed.



But what kind of quilt?-- add borders, set them on point, something else?
I decided to add star legs for my own little scrappy star quilt along that I'll work on each month.
Since I ended up wanting the star legs to be all one color, these square in a square blocks were extra.
So a scrappy snowman pillow or wallhanging....??


Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts and A Quilting Life

7 comments:

legato1958 said...

I love seeing your thinking /developing process! The snowmen are super cute!
You make me want to sew some blocks together!
Susie

Marie said...

Fun projects both - it's nice to just sit and sew and see what comes of it, isn't it?

Sherri said...

Great projects! And thanks so much for linking up!

Ramona said...

Those snowmen are adorable! And I really like your scrappy quilt, too. Lovely!

Elizabeth J. Neal said...

New Year is just around the corner. Do not forget to wish your loved ones with these beautiful Happy New Year SMS 2016, happy new year 2016 wallpaper

Elizabeth J. Neal said...

This is really a extremely beneficial blog for me, Have to admit you might be 1 in the most effective bloggers I ever saw.Thanks for posting this informative article. happy new year 2016 cards

Unknown said...


You can share new year greeting with your friends.
New year greetings 2016

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...